Experience With The Legal And Practical Demands Of Corporate Governance
At Caufield & James, our experience with the legal and practical demands of corporate governance can help businesses of all sizes make the most of their opportunities while managing liability risks and avoiding costly disputes.
Over the years, many of our business clients have experienced significant growth through their early entries into high-tech markets. We understand that the major changes attendant on rapid success can present challenges and risks for companies who find themselves outgrowing their original equity and management structures.
We Offer Comprehensive Counsel In Equity, Debt And Governance Matters
Many successful businesses in California and across the country depend on Caufield & James for advice, documentation and dispute resolution in situations such as the following:
- Negotiation of executive compensation and severance packages
- Review and amendment of corporate governance instruments such as operating agreements, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements or bylaws
- Ratification or rescission of technically deficient corporate meetings, elections or resolutions
- Significant debt financing transactions involving bridge loans, convertible debt or conventional secured loans
- Equity issues ranging from private placements of securities to initial public offerings
- Changes in capital structure, such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures or the purchase or sale of substantial business assets
- Planning to avoid ownership or management succession problems
In combination with our experience with business operations and commercial litigation, our corporate counsel services enable us to provide a one-stop representation for most small or closely held companies. Our clients range from family retailers and local professional practices to billion-dollar private corporations.
Experienced Corporate Counsel Service On Which You Can Count
To learn more about our corporate counsel services and our ability to serve your company effectively, contact us online at Caufield & James or call 866-585-8944 to speak with an attorney to discuss your corporate counsel needs.