Environmental Law, Business Litigation and Insurance
For comprehensive client services involving a wide spectrum of general counsel and focused litigation issues, contact a lawyer at the firm of Caufield & James. With substantial experience in environmental law, complex litigation and commercial transactions, our attorneys can help you manage and avoid risk and resolve disputes.
With skilled attorneys, our firm has the capacity to meet sophisticated legal challenges on a regional or national basis. At the same time, our size allows for close client relationships with local Southern California businesses.
The scope of our practice includes such areas as the following:
- General counsel services on environmental matters
- Environmental permit and license applications
- Environmental violation and enforcement proceedings
- State or federal environmental litigation
- Complex federal CERCLA or RCRA litigation
- California water rights transactions and other water law issues
- California wildfire damage claims
- Toxic torts litigation
- Product defect defense
- Advice to businesses and consumers about insurance coverage questions
- Insurance litigation on behalf of the insured
- Business formation and transactions
- Corporate or partnership general counsel services
- Commercial litigation
- Business disputes between owners, partners or shareholders
- Health care law for medical practice groups and allied businesses
- Hawaii environmental and land use law for individuals and businesses
Our attorneys are also knowledgeable about municipal law, debt and equity capital financing, commercial real estate transactions, intellectual property, and construction law. Our trial practice can handle matters ranging from straightforward breach of contract claims to multiparty mass tort litigation that implicates principles of negligence, federal environmental statutes, jurisdictional questions, and disputed insurance coverage issues.
For further information about our practice, contact Caufield & James.