Environmental Law Attorneys
Serving Los Angeles and Southern California
Caufield & James is a law firm that provides advice and representation in the full range of environmental law issues facing companies and property owners in the Los Angeles area.
Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable in the law and understand the technical aspects of environmental regulatory issues. We are also keenly aware of the financial impact that compliance with environmental regulations has on corporations and property developers.
The primary goals of our firm are to help our clients comply with all environmental laws and avoid or minimize potential environmental liability.
We can address many different types of environmental law issues facing property owners in Los Angeles and elsewhere in Southern California:
- Environmental counsel and risk assessment – identifying and minimizing potential environmental liability issues
- California Environmental Quality Act litigation
- Land use and zoning – resolving zoning disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible
- Licenses and permits – for the handling and disposal of hazardous and toxic substances
- Environmental compliance and enforcement – involving the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California Environmental Protection Agency (CEPA), the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, local air quality protection boards and other agencies
- Insurance coverage issues – involving losses or liability for pollution or toxic torts
- Due diligence in Superfund matters and CERCLA litigation
- Environmental litigation – conducting and defending litigation involving toxic tort and pollution issues
- Environmental law issues regarding water rights transactions
Controlling Risks, Minimizing Liability
Avoiding litigation is almost always better than fighting a lawsuit. With that principle in mind, our attorneys work closely with our clients to identify areas of potential liability to help them minimize their legal risks. Something as simple as the insertion of the right clause in a contract can enable a company to avoid a large financial liability down the road.
Sometimes however, litigation is unavoidable or is necessary to protect a company’s vital interests. In this situation, our firm will assertively represent you at all stages of the legal process.
For additional information about the scope of our environmental law practice and our ability to represent your interests effectively, contact a lawyer at Caufield & James.
We have offices in Los Angeles and San Diego to serve you.