Health Care Law
Health Care Law for California Health Care Businesses
At the law firm of Caufield & James, our goal is to provide comprehensive client service for businesses engaged in any aspect of the medical and health care fields. We take care of the legal aspects of your business, professional and organizational commitments. To learn more about the scope of our health care practice, contact one of our attorneys.
From business formation to state and federal regulatory compliance, our lawyers can help you avoid risk and take advantage of market opportunities by keeping you abreast of the law. We act as general counsel to many medical practices and health care businesses throughout Southern California by looking after such legal details as the following:
- Business entity selection and formation for professional practice groups and related businesses
- Acquisitions, sales and mergers of health care businesses, including mergers or breakups of physicians’ practice groups
- Regulatory issues ranging from biomedical waste disposal to licensing, credentials and inspections
- Managing relationships with lenders, suppliers, equipment lessors, employment agencies and others
- Purchase or lease of real estate for clinical, office, industrial or group residential purposes
- Negotiation and documentation of agreements for the use or distribution of intellectual property
- Management of data practices and patient or client confidentiality considerations
- Administrative practice to protect professional licenses or public contracting relationships
We represent physicians, dentists, therapists, home health care businesses, nursing homes, assisted living residences, research laboratories, physician practice management companies, imaging centers and biomedical technology companies. Our law firm tailors its services to each client’s specific needs, regulatory environment and market profile.
Please visit the following pages for expanded coverage:
To learn more about the scope of Caufield & James’s health care practice, contact our law firm.