Unique Experience With Environmental Regulatory Issues
Caufield & James is a law firm that provides advice and representation in the full range of environmental law issues facing companies and property owners across California, Hawaii and nationwide.
Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable in the law and understand the technical aspects of environmental regulatory issues. We are also keenly aware of the financial impact that compliance with environmental regulations has on corporations and property developers.
Helping You Comply With Environmental Laws
We can address many different types of environmental law issues facing property owners:
- Environmental counsel and risk assessment: Identifying and minimizing potential environmental liability issues
- California Environmental Quality Act litigation
- Land use and zoning: Resolving zoning disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible
- Licenses and permits for the handling and disposal of hazardous and toxic substances
- Environmental compliance and enforcement: Involving the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA), the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, local air quality protection boards and other agencies
- Insurance coverage issues: Involving losses or liability for pollution or toxic torts
- Due diligence in Superfund/Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) matters and litigation
- Environmental litigation: Conducting and defending litigation involving toxic tort and pollution issues
- Environmental law issues regarding water rights transactions
The primary goals of our firm are to help our clients comply with all environmental laws and avoid or minimize potential environmental liability.
Skilled Guidance For Dry Cleaners And Property Owners
Dry cleaners and property owners leasing to dry cleaning companies often face complex environmental legal issues related to spills, contamination, pollution, exposure and more. Our attorneys have been involved with more than 50 dry cleaner contamination sites in the past decade. We can assist to resolve active problems, proactively prevent issues and ultimately protect the future of your business.
Controlling Risks, Minimizing Liability
Avoiding litigation is almost always better than fighting a lawsuit. With that principle in mind, our attorneys work closely with our clients to identify areas of potential liability to help them minimize their legal risks. Something as simple as the insertion of the right clause in a contract can enable a company to avoid a large financial liability down the road. Sometimes, litigation is unavoidable or is necessary to protect a company’s vital interests. In that situation, our firm will assertively represent you at all stages of the legal process.
Speak With An Environmental Attorney Today
Call 866-585-8944 and speak with an experienced attorney at Caufield & James, or send us a direct message through our online form. We have offices in Los Angeles and San Diego, as well as across the state of California, to serve you. We are here to help you with all your environmental law matters.