Advising Businesses About Environmental Law Risks
As environmental counsel to small and midsize companies throughout California, the attorneys at Caufield & James help our clients identify, assess and avoid regulatory and litigation risks in their business operations.
We Can Be Your Environmental Counsel
Our advisory role for many companies can be characterized as environmental general counsel. We advise and represent manufacturers, property developers, transfer and trucking companies, agribusinesses and even retailers such as dry cleaners, auto dealerships and gas stations. We counsel them about managing the environmental risks of their daily operations and advise them on any special projects or transactions.
We also advise clients on matters such as the following:
- Addressing environmental liability concerns property owners may have on dry cleaner contamination issues
- Land use and zoning issues
- Licenses and permits for the use or disposal of hazardous chemicals and other substances
- New construction that requires environmental review or an environmental impact report or statement under state or federal law
- Due diligence on brownfields or Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) liability issues in real estate transactions
- Insurance coverage issues involving losses or liability for pollution or toxic torts
- Environmental implications of water rights transactions
- Resolving regulatory or compliance issues involving the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA), the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, local air quality protection boards or any other agency with enforcement authority
If the operations or transactions associated with your business come with environmental risk, working with an experienced attorney is crucial. Our law firm can help you identify and assess those risks to find a cost-effective way of dealing with them.
For example, in a real estate transaction, we can draft language in the purchase agreement that places compliance responsibilities and liability for violations with the other party, including duties of defense and indemnification.
Reduce Your Environmental Risks – Contact Us Today
Our experienced attorneys understand the risks that you and your business potential face, and we will do what it takes to help you avoid those unnecessary legal risks. We have the resources and knowledge to advise and counsel you through all your environmental matters. Don’t risk it – call the attorneys at Caufield & James toll-free at 866-585-8944 or send us an email.